11 July 2010

Wiggle room

I have began to feel the baby move! The first time it just felt like a little bubble rolls over as I was laying on my side in bed. The second time I felt it was at work, it was a little more obvious and a little strong. I'd compare it to when you're stomach gurgles, there's just no noise! As I read about it in baby books they all referred to it as flutters and that's a pretty good description. My stomach has this fuzzy feeling, like when I'm nervous or my blood sugar is low. I saw a masseuse a few weeks ago and she said that when she began to feel the baby move but it was too early for her husband to feel it on the outside he could hear the vibrations if he laid his head on her stomach! I think that's pretty awesome! Daniel has tried it a few times and thinks hes heard some swishing.

I had a check up last week and since we weren't going to have an ultrasound Daniel didn't leave work early, so my mom went! She got to hear the heart beat which was a lot stronger and louder this time! It sounded just like a galloping horse. So far I've gained 5 lbs and all the ladies in the doctors office were commenting on how unfair it was that I am so tiny and pregnant!

The nurse practitioner prescribed me Reglan to help me digest my food faster because I was still getting sick at dinner a lot. She said because my digestion has slowed down drastically my lunch is still sitting on my stomach when I eat dinner and it's just too much food on my stomach that's making me sick. So far since taking the medicine before lunch and dinner I haven't gotten sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment