13 July 2011

Noise

Since having a baby everyday noises seem so much louder! I've come to wish there was volume control on the microwave as it beeps at the press of every button and the long drawn out ring of the timer on the stove going off. Right after Daisy was born we set up a pack'n'play in our dining room/kitchen area that is also right next to our living room. Daisy would nap for hours on end through all the hustle and bustle in the house and the tap tap tap of the dogs claws on the hardwood floor. We wanted it this way. We weren't going to resort to being silent in our own home just because the baby was sleeping. That worked great until about a month or two ago. Now I can't even flush the toilet without waking Daisy up when she's napping in her crib! Not to mention open any cabinet door in the kitchen, the backdoor, the screen door or her closet door for some unforeseen reason. There's also a nice little creak right over the threshold in Daisy's room which causes me to tiptoe and lunge out her door in hopes that I'll overstep it. And don't even get me started on the dog, she's gotten the evil eye a lot lately as she's a random barker (oh look a bird, out the window, 1/2 a mile away!) and that tap tap tap of her claws. When she's constantly moving I give her the "I dare you to walk past that bedroom door one more time" look and all the while in my head I'm wondering if I can put those little wax claw shields on her that they have for cats so they don't scratch things. I'm hoping maybe this is just a phase, but in the mean time I am trying to drown out all noise in her room with soft music and a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment