19 June 2010

I have officially reached the "I look like I have a beer belly" stage

I believe the morning sickness is coming to a swift end! It has occasionally reared its ugly head this past week but not near to the extent it had been in the past! Thank goodness is all I have to say about that! I've gone about 3 days with out any Phenergan and I've kept most of my meals down!

A new pregnancy symptom made its appearance this week though, the ever dreaded dry, itchy skin! Holy cow I might as well be overcoming a horrendous sunburn for the lack of moisture in my skin these days! And ironically I hate lotion! I don't mind it on my body, just not my palms and it better dry fast because there's nothing worse than feeling sticky all over! I have had to lather lotion on at least once a day and my skin is still a dry flaky mess! (not a pretty picture I know!)

And to top it all off I now have a gut! Not a large one by any means and it's not causing the dreadful "muffin top" effect, but a gut none the less. I even have to unbutton and sometimes unzip my pants just to sit down comfortably, which fuels a chuckle from my husband every time!

I realize I haven't updated since we had our second appointment! (I=Bad pregnancy-blogger!) We got to hear the heart beat! INCREDIBLE! It is still so mind boggling to me that there is a little baby growing in my belly. I can't help but quote the movie Juno "Your baby has fingernails!" My baby has fingernails! And beautiful and strong heart beat! Surreal, pregnancy is very surreal. Since I haven't been blogging as often as I had hoped I'll leave you with a few "baby bump" pictures we have taken over the last few weeks.(13 weeks)(11 1/2 weeks and a very full belly)(8 1/2 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment