14 April 2011

We ♥ Cloth Diapers!

For as long as I can remember I have been determined to use cloth diapers. I can't even begin to describe the bizarre faces people have made when I've informed them of this fact. The faces I can handle, it's the annoying "Yeah right, you can't do that, you'll change your mind" comments that drove me insane. Most people acted like my hope to use cloth diapers was more like wishful thinking. Now that we've actually been using them people seem more surprised than discouraging. I highly recommend cloth diapering! I have been blessed with the ability to be a SAHM which I am sure makes it a lot more realistic to use cloth diapers. If I had to put my little one in daycare I'm sure I'd get some of the craziest looks from daycare workers if I asked them if they would use them on Daisy. Using cloth diapers takes a little more work than using disposables but compared to the money (and planet) saved it is well worth the little extra effort!

We use prefold diapers and Snappi diaper fasteners, with the Thirsties Duo Wrap covers.
The Thirsties Duo Wraps come in a variety of adorable colors and the option of velcro or snap closures. I prefer the velcro closures since they give a more accurate fit around the waist, though some people complain they collect lint just like any other velcro closure. These covers come in 2 sizes, Size One and Size Two, but each size had 3 size options, choosing the snap that make the most secure fit. I highly recommend these covers! Having the multiple size options per cover means you have to buy less of them in the long run!

When on the go I take along 2 large Kushies Wet Bags, one for dirty diapers and the other for extra covers. These are also great for soiled clothes, burp clothes, etc. I just throw them in the wash along with the cloth diapers and hand them to dry!I've even taken the cloth diapers on a few trips. So far I haven't had any problems, though I do plan on investing in more of the wet bags! When we're heading out of town I Throw all of her prefolds and covers in my Blue Avocado Reusable shopping bag! I can fit all 25 prefolds and 8 covers in one bag. When I'm not using this bag for cloth diapers I keep it balled up and clipped to my diaper bag for any spontaneous shopping!

I recently purchased 2 reusable swim diapers and should be getting them in the mail any day now! I can't wait to see how they work! I'll be sure to let you know! Here are a few pictures of Daisy in her Prefold cloth diapers with snappies and her Thirsties covers!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! our diapers are still too big on carolina so we haven't made the transition yet. i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete