04 April 2011

Silent Night

I love a variety of music/artists. I have tons of favorite songs. I don't think you can go wrong when it comes to Elton John, John Denver, The Beatles, A Fine Frenzy, Sarah Bareilles, and many others. I have one problem though, when I need a song to sing or hum to calm Daisy down or entertain her my mind goes blank! I sometimes wonder if my mom had the same problem and this is why she can sings songs about anything. The other night Daisy was fighting sleep and screaming her head off and as I rocked her I noticed that for the past few minutes I had been humming Silent Night. I don't remember thinking about it or starting to hum but after a few minutes Daisy had calmed down and drifted to sleep. Ever since then every time I need a song to sing the words to Silent Night have always been there. I love that as I start to hum she gets this look of not being to hold her eyes open any more. So here's to humming Christmas music all year long and many more silent nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment