22 April 2011

Craziness

This week has been complete MADNESS! Hopefully that is a good enough excuse for missing 'Motherhood has taught me Tuesdays" and 'Things we love Thursday!' Monday was mine and Daniel's 2 year anniversary! Tuesday my mom, Daisy, and I drove to Chattanooga where I grew up and saw dear family friends who have known me my whole life, my first grade teacher, my fifth grade teacher, my best friend of 16+ years (seriously it's been so long I've lost count!) and her mom, two of my mom's dear friends from college and the daughter and grandchildren of one of them! AND to top it all off we stayed with family friends that my parents have known since they were 18 and I've known their daughter since she was born. (she turns 16 today=I feel OLD!)

Thursday was Daisy's 4 month check up. Weight 12lbs 9.5oz (30%) Height 24 3/4in (75%) In other words she's a string bean! She got 3 more shots and poor thing took them like a champ! She hardly cried and she soothed very quickly this go round. Poor thing cried uncontrollably last night, the leg she got 2 shots in was a little red and inflamed at the injection site so we put a cold compress on it and gave her some baby Tylenol. She finally fell asleep and slept well all throughout the night. She's had a little fever today and has napped a lot :-(

Today my brother, sister-in-law, and their almost 3 year old twins were in town. I woke up at 6AM to make cinnamon rolls to go along with the breakfast casserole my mom made! Tonight we are having dinner with some of Daniel's family, tomorrow night we are having an Easter dinner with my parents, and Sunday we are going to visit some of Daniel's family so they can meet Daisy for the first time! Needless to say I'm not going anywhere other than the grocery store for the next week and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment