11 December 2010

Almost 38 1/2 week appointment update!

Houston we have progress! I'm about 2 1/2 cm dilated! The doctor said it could be 3 cm but I'd probably kick him into the wall, so we'll just be pleased with 2 1/2! I'm 75% effaced and he said he doesn't know how I am still walking because she is very low! In order to not get my hopes up too much he said 50/50 chance I won't make it to my next appointment on Wednesday! This is awesome news except that when I heard we may be getting 4-8 inches of snow here in the mountains I went into a bit of a panic! I have no desire WHAT-SO-EVER to have a home birth and the possibility of being snowed in and maybe or maybe not going into labor has my head spinning! I am trying my best not to be a worry wart but the snow storm that is moving in tonight is all I can think about at the moment! I've even considered calling someone I know with a snowplow and telling them they need to be on a moments notice to plow my road if the need arises! With this new obstacle that could be standing in our way my hubby said "Well at least you already don't want an epidural!" Lets just say I thought of a few ways I could inflict pain on him without the use of an epidural! Just kidding!... or am I? Needless to say I am going to be spending quite a bit of time in prayer until my road is clear enough to make it to the hospital in case I go into labor.

I'll be sure to post a picture if we do in fact get the snow fall they are calling for! Until then I'll just keeping biting my nails hoping I can think of someone I know with a helicopter!

No comments:

Post a Comment