31 May 2011

Motherhood has taught me...

Breastfeeding is not always as easy as it seems. Daisy has always been a phenomenal eater. Not much could get between her and the boob, literally I think she could have nursed through my shirt when I couldn't get things situated fast enough for her appetite. Daisy is now a very active 5 1/2 month old. Things have changed. I am very thankfully that she is still a very focused eater first thing in the morning and right before bed, I credit this to the fact that she is very sleepy both times. However all of the other feeding throughout the day have become a fight between my and a wiggle worm!

Nothing can be within reach of her feet or she might as well be in a horizontal Johnny Jumper bouncing all over the place.

Necklaces are not an option in fear that she will rip them from my neck.

My hair should be pulled back at all times unless I want to risk some very unusual looking bald patches.

Nursing in public is almost impossible, too much is going on and Daisy is a wallflower that wants to observe it all.

Heaven forbid the t.v. be on.

Don't play Yahtzee while nursing, you might as well be holding a rattle instead of rolling dice.

And last but not least, when teething, your nipple suddenly becomes the next best thing to a teething ring. Not good news for you, and certainly not for your nipple.

I have been tempted lately to start bottle feeding her throughout the day some of the frozen breast milk I have in our deep freezer and pumping to replenish our supply but continue to nurse her first and last feeding of the day.

I am going to attempt to hold out as long as possible so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment