01 September 2010

Neglect

I realized I have neglected my poor little blog! My husband and I have been fighting off some sinus/cold/allergy thing this last week and we're both just now starting to come around again. I have always had unpleasant sinus problems (thanks to my dad!) and having drainage in the mornings was always the biggest cause for my "early morning" morning sickness. The doctor has me on a low dose allergy medicine at night to help dry me up through the night so I don't have to deal with near as much drainage in the mornings. What ever this thing is that I am fighting rudely woke me up about 2 week ago with a terribly sore throat and a nose that couldn't decided if it wanted to be stuffed up or run! Thankfully I am on the back end of it now and feeling better every day! I'm trying to think back on all that I have done since I last posted...Sorry about that last little rant about baby registry and such! Daniel surprised me and painted the nursery before I got home from work one evening and it looks amazing!As I have posted before we wanted a rug for our nursery because we have wood floors. We came across a rug last week that is different from what I first had my heart set on, but one feel of this rug and I quickly changed my mind! I imagine this is what walking on a cloud will feel like! It is the most incredible shaggy goodness and I can't wait for Daisy to get a feel of this between her little toes!Even our dog Tinkerbell approves! She instantly laid down and started rolling around as soon as we unrolled it! I've even caught her playing in the nursery and snuggling up on this incredible rug!

We had a follow up ultrasound on Wednesday of last week and everything looked great! Daisy is weighing in at roughly 1 lb 6 oz and we double checked that she is in fact a SHE! Afterward Daniel and I went and registered for baby stuff and it wore us out! Nothing like looking at baby item after baby item and being in a daze the entire time. By the end of the day we found ourselves scanning everything we might even remotely be interested in so that I could edit the registry online at another time when I felt like I had a few more brain cells!

Last weekend my sister-in-law Betsy brought my 2 year old niece and nephew to town and my mom and I went with them to a local water park. I wore a bikini and graced everyone with my bulging belly and enjoyed every moment of it! If we asked Hannah where Daisy was she would pat my belly and Eli would point at my belly ring and say "ouie!" We had so much fun playing in the kiddie area, floating the lazy river and getting smacked by a few waves in the wave pool. After just a few hours there I was ready to sleep my afternoon away! Nothing like sun, water, pregnancy, and 2 year old twins to wear a girl out!

No comments:

Post a Comment