18 September 2010

Goodbye skinny jeans. Hello 3rd trimester!

Today marks my 27th week of pregnancy and boy am I beginning to feel the weight of it on me, no pun intended! The last few weeks I've marked several milestones in this pregnancy. I now need to take a breather between rolling from my left side, to my back, then eventually to my right side. I can barely tie my tennis shoes and the weight of my stomach feels like I've swallowed a bowling ball! In fact one of my customers, an elder gentleman who ironically nicknamed my formerly very small stature "fatso," informed me I now look like a bowling ball stuck to a telephone pole! Last night I even woke up every 2 hours to pee and roll over in hopes that that position will be more comfortable than the last.

I'm pretty sure Daisy's head down now! She had been breached, with her head to my right and butt to my left, but the other night as I lay down to sleep she was being quite the acrobat and ever since I have mainly only felt kicks above my belly button instead of below like before. I should actually be able to find this out on Tuesday as the doctor wants me to have another ultrasound because I am measuring small. She said it's nothing to cause concern or alarm right now, she'd just like to get another look at her and be reassured. She said it very well may be that I am measuring small just because I am petite. I certainly don't feel small at the moment, I've gained a total of 12 lbs so far and needless to say it's not all belly! Though hair ties have been my BFF and new accessory for every pair of jeans I wear sadly they can no longer keep me in my skinny jeans, not because my belly has out grown them no, but because my rear has! I wore them a few weeks ago to church and my husband informed me that was probably the last time my butt was going to fit in them for a while and being the stubborn girl that I am I wanted to prove him wrong, so I squeezed myself into them for a dreadfully long and uncomfortable day at work on a casual Friday. Needless to say I have come to grips with the fact that I will not be wearing those jeans for a very long time!


I've began to notice it takes more of an effort to stand from a seated position, and getting up from laying down is an exercise routine all on its own! My "waddle" is progressing at a rapid pace and as I get bigger the days seem to be getting longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment